The Lead Left | Webinar: 2023 M&A Outlook
Lincoln International is pleased to have participated in The Lead Left Presents: 2023 M&A Outlook, a webinar discussing market activity and expectations for the coming year.
A few key takeaways gleaned from the webinar include:
- Many industrial companies are demonstrating strong or stable performance with healthy backlogs.
- Demand for companies serving the energy and power, electric vehicle and mobility technology sectors is high. Strategics are bullish on acquisitions as their businesses are doing well, prompting them to pay strategic prices when investing in these markets.
- Interest rates are not expected to change much in the median term. SOFR curve peaks mid-year and drops down by year-end.
- Many expect to gain clarity on the macroeconomic picture in the coming months, decreasing widespread uncertainty.
- Default rates are expected to increase. If rates increase as expected or less than expected, lenders will become more comfortable. However, if rates increase more than expected, lenders could retrench.
- Navigating this market will be challenging and a high level of creativity is needed to secure capital and close deals. Advisory firms with a full set of products and services, such as Lincoln, will differentiate themselves as they can offer clients options, such as utilizing capital advisory solutions, continuation vehicles or structure to complete transactions.
Lincoln International's Adam Gifford participated in The Lead Left Presents: 2023 M&A Outlook to discuss market activity and expectations for 2023.
- Click here to download a printable version of this perspective.
Meet Professionals with Complementary Expertise in Automotive & Mobility Technology; Energy, Power and Infrastructure and Industrials
I enjoy leading clients and realizing their objectives, while structuring solutions to issues that are both intriguing and challenging.
Managing Director | Head of SwitzerlandZurich
Building long-term relationships is key for me personally – I want to be the advisor of trust for my clients.
Dr. Michael Drill
Managing Director | CEO Germany | Chairman of the Management BoardFrankfurt
Related Perspectives in Automotive & Mobility Technology; Energy, Power and Infrastructure and Industrials
Chemicals Quarterly Review Q2 2023
Equities rallied in Q2 2023, with the S&P 500 gaining 16.9% year-to-date through June, driven primarily by artificial intelligence (AI)-fueled enthusiasm for large-cap technology stocks. The chemicals sector has been… Read More
Lincoln’s Latest video series features experts from across industries, services and geographies, sharing perspectives on current trends, recent observations and future outlooks.
Packaging Quarterly Review Q2 2023
We’re expecting to see a conservative pickup in M&A activity throughout the second half of 2023.
German Broadband Infrastructure Market Set for Further Consolidation
It is no longer a surprise that access to high-speed internet is a necessity for individuals, businesses and governments worldwide. In Germany, the federal government has recognized this and set… Read More
Recent Transactions in Automotive & Mobility Technology; Energy, Power and Infrastructure and Industrials
Lincoln International advised The Beekman Group on the sale of GED Integrated Solutions to MSouth Equity Partners
Lincoln International advised Mutares on the sale of Special Melted Products to Cogne Accial Speciali, a subsidiary of Walsin Lihwa
Lincoln International advised Industrial Growth Partners on the sale of Des-Case Corporation to The Timken Company
Lincoln International advised MiddleGround Capital on its acquisition of Xtrac from Inflexion
Lincoln International advised Wingate Partners on its sale of The HC Companies to Platinum Equity
Lincoln International advised Knorr-Bremse on its agreement to sell Kiepe Electric to Heramba
Lincoln International advised DASI on receiving an investment from Marubeni Corporation