The Lead Left | Webinar: 2023 M&A Outlook
Lincoln International is pleased to have participated in The Lead Left Presents: 2023 M&A Outlook, a webinar discussing market activity and expectations for the coming year.
A few key takeaways gleaned from the webinar include:
- Many industrial companies are demonstrating strong or stable performance with healthy backlogs.
- Demand for companies serving the energy and power, electric vehicle and mobility technology sectors is high. Strategics are bullish on acquisitions as their businesses are doing well, prompting them to pay strategic prices when investing in these markets.
- Interest rates are not expected to change much in the median term. SOFR curve peaks mid-year and drops down by year-end.
- Many expect to gain clarity on the macroeconomic picture in the coming months, decreasing widespread uncertainty.
- Default rates are expected to increase. If rates increase as expected or less than expected, lenders will become more comfortable. However, if rates increase more than expected, lenders could retrench.
- Navigating this market will be challenging and a high level of creativity is needed to secure capital and close deals. Advisory firms with a full set of products and services, such as Lincoln, will differentiate themselves as they can offer clients options, such as utilizing capital advisory solutions, continuation vehicles or structure to complete transactions.
Lincoln International's Adam Gifford participated in The Lead Left Presents: 2023 M&A Outlook to discuss market activity and expectations for 2023.
- Click here to download a printable version of this perspective.
Meet Professionals with Complementary Expertise in Automotive & Mobility Technology; Energy, Power and Infrastructure and Industrials
I enjoy leading clients and realizing their objectives, while structuring solutions to issues that are both intriguing and challenging.
Managing Director | Head of SwitzerlandZurich
Building long-term relationships is key for me personally – I want to be the advisor of trust for my clients.
Dr. Michael Drill
Managing Director | Head of GermanyFrankfurt
Related Perspectives in Automotive & Mobility Technology; Energy, Power and Infrastructure and Industrials
Chemicals Quarterly Review Q4 2023
Expectations were low heading into the final three months of the year as stubbornly high interest rates caused a late summer downturn in the S&P 500. Despite a continued decline… Read More
Packaging Quarterly Review Q4 2023
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) markets closed Q4 2023 in a similar vein to previous quarters, with a decline in completed deals. The packaging market closely followed suit, also experiencing a… Read More
Lincoln International Announces Promotions to Drive Ongoing Organizational & Client Success
Lincoln International, a global investment banking advisory firm, today announced the appointment of several firm leaders into executive management and client advisory roles. The firm has promoted Mary Weber to… Read More
Recent Transactions in Automotive & Mobility Technology; Energy, Power and Infrastructure and Industrials
Lincoln International advised NB Aurora and other shareholders on the sale of Dierre Group to Alto Partners
Lincoln International advised Leonard Green & Partners on its acquisition of TenCate Grass from Crestview Partners
Lincoln International advised Cam Tran on its sale to Central Moloney Incorporated, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners
Lincoln International advised Consilium Private Equity and other shareholders on the sale of GMM Group to Biesse
Lincoln International advised Azbil Corporation on the sale of Azbil VorTek to Sierra Instruments, a portfolio company of Berwind Corporation
Lincoln International advised Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.) on the sale of Acieta to RōBEX, a portfolio company of Angeles Equity Partners
Lincoln International advised Ovarro, a portfolio company of FFL Partners, on its refinancing