IPEM | Event: Cannes 2023
Lincoln International was pleased to attend IPEM Cannes 2023 from January 23 to 25. The event provided attendees the opportunity to connect with other professionals in the private capital markets, learn from expert speakers and discuss the state of the economy, its challenges and opportunities.
Based on our conversations with general partners (GPs) and limited partners (LPs), Lincoln has gathered several key takeaways, outlined below.
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) remains top of mind for GPs and LPs. ESG is no longer an objective, but a necessity.
- There is cautious optimism for the economic environment overall, given the current volatile state of the market. Further development of the inflation rate and its impact on the interest base rates will be key.
- Financing markets remain strong with lenders being cautious but open for business.
- Many participants expect the first quarter of 2023 to be calm, with transaction activity picking up in Q2.
- Business-to-business companies in the software sector are positioned to perform well, although many are facing some margin pressure caused by salary and other cost increases. Interest from investors in the technology, media and telecom sector remains strong with increased scrutiny on valuations.
- GPs are further diversifying their portfolios, adjusting their investment strategies to focus on more than one sector or product driven by LP demand.
Lincoln International's European professionals recently attended IPEM Cannes 2023, an event that connects professionals in the private capital markets.
Meet Professionals with Complementary Expertise in Capital Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions
I enjoy leading clients and realizing their objectives, while structuring solutions to issues that are both intriguing and challenging.
Managing Director | Head of SwitzerlandZurich
I am inspired by working with entrepreneurs and innovators who feel passionately about what they are creating.
Managing DirectorSan Francisco
Related Perspectives in Capital Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions
Citywire | PE Firm Permira Seeks to Up Evelyn’s Debt to Pay Shareholder Dividends
Originally posted by Citywire on February 15, 2024. The majority shareholder of Permira, Evelyn, wants to increase its debt through a dividend recapitalization to pay itself and other shareholders. Private… Read More
Forecasting Success: Mid-market European M&A Set for Active 2024
2023 was a slower year for mergers and acquisitions (M&A), but the private mid-market fared better than the large-cap arena. Globally, the elements are in place for 2024 to be… Read More
What Price is Right? Trends and Opportunities for Private Equity in Pharma Market Access
The cost of developing new drugs is staggering. Among the top 20 global biopharmas, the average cost of developing a candidate from discovery through clinical trials to market was approximately… Read More
Lincoln International Leader Recognized as Women of Influence in Finance
Lincoln International is pleased to share that the Los Angeles Business Journal named Ashleigh Barker, Director in Lincoln’s Consumer Group, as a woman of influence in finance. “Ashleigh Barker is… Read More
Recent Transactions in Capital Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions
Lincoln International advised Leonard Green & Partners on its acquisition of TenCate Grass from Crestview Partners
Lincoln International advised Cam Tran on its sale to Central Moloney Incorporated, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners
Lincoln International advised Verium, founders and management on the sale of Quickmail and Quickpac's operations to Planzer
Lincoln International advised Consilium Private Equity and other shareholders on the sale of GMM Group to Biesse
Kept Companies, a portfolio company of ACON Investments, was recapitalized by DFW Capital Partners
Lincoln International advised Ciklum, a portfolio company of Recognize Partners, on acquiring Infogen Labs
Lincoln International advised Azbil Corporation on the sale of Azbil VorTek to Sierra Instruments, a portfolio company of Berwind Corporation