IPEM | Event: Cannes 2023
Lincoln International was pleased to attend IPEM Cannes 2023 from January 23 to 25. The event provided attendees the opportunity to connect with other professionals in the private capital markets, learn from expert speakers and discuss the state of the economy, its challenges and opportunities.
Based on our conversations with general partners (GPs) and limited partners (LPs), Lincoln has gathered several key takeaways, outlined below.
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) remains top of mind for GPs and LPs. ESG is no longer an objective, but a necessity.
- There is cautious optimism for the economic environment overall, given the current volatile state of the market. Further development of the inflation rate and its impact on the interest base rates will be key.
- Financing markets remain strong with lenders being cautious but open for business.
- Many participants expect the first quarter of 2023 to be calm, with transaction activity picking up in Q2.
- Business-to-business companies in the software sector are positioned to perform well, although many are facing some margin pressure caused by salary and other cost increases. Interest from investors in the technology, media and telecom sector remains strong with increased scrutiny on valuations.
- GPs are further diversifying their portfolios, adjusting their investment strategies to focus on more than one sector or product driven by LP demand.
Lincoln International's European professionals recently attended IPEM Cannes 2023, an event that connects professionals in the private capital markets.
Meet Professionals with Complementary Expertise in Capital Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions
I am enthusiastic about creating sustainable growth and the highest value for our clients, and strive to leave a positive footprint beyond any successful M&A transaction.
Managing Director | Management Board MemberFrankfurt
I enjoy leading clients and realizing their objectives, while structuring solutions to issues that are both intriguing and challenging.
Managing Director | Head of SwitzerlandZurich
Related Perspectives in Capital Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions
RealDeals | Yield of Dreams
Originally posted by RealDeals on August 29, 2023. Private debt is growing quickly despite rising interest rates. Recent Preqin data indicated that $33.7 billion was raised in Europe in Q2… Read More
Cybersecurity Report: Q2 2023
Consecutive quarterly sector mergers and acquisitions (M&A) deal activity rose in Q2 2023 to 54 cybersecurity transactions, from 49 in Q1 2023. Q2 M&A volume of $2.4 billion was roughly… Read More
HealthInvestor | CMA Launches Review of Vet Sector
Originally posted by HealthInvestor on September 7, 2023. The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has begun reviewing UK veterinary services to uncover how well the market is working for pet… Read More
Real Deals | Finding Opportunities Amid Uncertainty
Originally posted by Real Deals on September 1, 2023. European deal activity in the first half of 2023 has been slower, but activity in the second half of the year… Read More
Recent Transactions in Capital Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions
Lincoln International advised EV Private Equity on the sale of Bluware to Computer Modelling Group
Lincoln International advised Skerritts, a portfolio company of Sovereign Capital, on its refinancing
Lincoln International advised The Beekman Group on the sale of GED Integrated Solutions to MSouth Equity Partners
Lincoln International advised Havencrest Capital Management on its majority investment in Tekton Research
Lincoln International advised Mutares on the sale of Special Melted Products to Cogne Accial Speciali, a subsidiary of Walsin Lihwa
Lincoln International advised Chequers Capital on its agreement to acquire Cheops from Indufin
Lincoln International advised Your Way Medicare on its sale to Accretive, a portfolio company of GTCR