Global Healthcare Group at Lincoln International: Strong Foundation & Deal Flow
Team completed numerous high profile deals in 2018 taking global deal count to 80 since 2015
2018 was another strong year for Lincoln’s growing global Healthcare Group. Continued innovation, technology driven transformation and increasing focus on patient outcomes are driving high deal flow, and in the near-term, we see no obvious structural threats that put these trends at risk of reversing course. 2019 promises to be an equally dynamic year that the Lincoln Healthcare team enters with great momentum. Recent highlights include:
- 22 transactions in 2018 in an array of sectors including home healthcare, healthcare IT, vision care, analytical testing, surgical products, clinical research and veterinary care.
- Clients continue to value Lincoln’s detailed, research-based solutions, bespoke data-analytical materials, and highly targeted, customized buyer approaches for securing the best outcome.
- Expanded capabilities and credentials through the additions of two Managing Directors: Matthew Lee to lead healthcare in the UK and Brian Bock in Med Tech out of our San Francisco office.
Selected key sector trends that we are observing for 2019 include:
- Healthcare Services / IT: ongoing shifts to home & community care, low-cost chronic care management, physician consolidation, consumer and self-directed care, and outsourcing to reduce cost and improve care – all of which are driving substantial private equity deal activity
- MedTech: growing focus on value and clinical benefits, continued shifts to minimally invasive procedures, outsourcing to reduce costs and enhance speed to market, and proliferation of connected, smart devices, all leading to both global and non-traditional M&A activity
- Pharma & Lab Services / Life Sciences: shifts toward personalized, patient-specific medicine, outsourcing of non-core services, focus on large molecule drugs, continued innovation in molecular/genetic arenas, and importance of digitization, all driving a vibrant global M&A environment and compelling valuations
Healthcare by the Numbers:
global Healthcare professionals