Private shareholders have sold CITYCOMP to S&T AG
CITYCOMP, headquartered in Ostfildern, Germany, and founded in 1988, is a leading German one-stop-provider of information technology (IT) hardware services and IT maintenance. Among other services, CITYCOMP’s offering includes datacenter maintenance, client systems and diversified IT services in the retail segment. The company employs a total of approximately 300 people and is expected to generate revenues of approximately Euro 30 million in 2020.
Lincoln International acted as the exclusive mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisor to the sellers in this transaction, leading a competitive sale process involving both financial as well as strategic bidders. As a result of the transaction, 55.5% of the shares in the company were acquired by S&T AG. The remaining 44.5% continue to be held by management, who will remain active and drive CITYCOMP during its next phase of growth.
Martin Heel, Managing Director and shareholder of CITYCOMP, commented, “We already have a long-standing partnership with S&T for the provision of services in Eastern Europe. With such a strong partner, now also as a shareholder, I am confident that we will be able to continue the rapid growth of recent years.”
S&T AG heads a technology group that employs approximately 6,000 people and operates in more than 30 countries around the world. S&T is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. It is a leading supplier in Central and Eastern Europe of IT systems and of the services and solutions comprised in them. In 2016, S&T took a stake in Kontron AG, one of the leaders on the world market for embedded computers, which has enhanced its portfolio of proprietary technologies used in the fields of appliances, cloud security, software and smart energy. This move has made S&T one of the leading suppliers on the international markets for Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
Lincoln International played a crucial role in identifying S&T AG as a potential buyer and was crucial in achieving a transaction outcome that reflects all shareholders’ individual priorities.
Meet our Senior Team
Building long-term relationships is key for me personally – I want to be the advisor of trust for my clients.
Managing Director | Chairman of the Management Board | CEO GermanyFrankfurt
View More Transactions
Lincoln International is pleased to announce that it has advised Kerv, a portfolio company of LDC, in raising growth debt financing
Lincoln International is pleased to announce the sale of Cameron Wire & Cable to Kinderhook Industries
Lincoln International, working with co-advisor Discount Capital, is pleased to announce that Cardo Systems, a portfolio company of Fortissimo Capital, has been sold to EMK Capital
Lincoln International is pleased to have advised THI Investments on its acquisition of a majority stake in Oxford International Education Group, a portfolio company of Bowmark Capital
Lincoln International is pleased to announce that Swiss Post and Loomis have entered into an agreement on the sale of certain assets and liabilities and the transfer of certain agreements of the SecurePost business
Lincoln International is pleased to announce that ORR Corporation has sold ORR Safety to Würth Industry North America / Northern Safety & Industrial, a member of the Würth Group
Lincoln International is pleased to announce that Audax Private Equity has sold AI Fire to Snow Phipps
Lincoln International advised Apposite Capital and worked closely with the MC Care team throughout the transaction