Haag-Streit has been acquired by Metall Zug
Metall Zug Group has signed an agreement to acquire 70% of the medtech group Haag-Streit Holding AG, based in Köniz, Switzerland. The remaining 30% of Haag-Streit will continue to be held by family shareholders with Christoph Haag as their representative in the board. The transaction is expected to be concluded during the first quarter of 2018.
Haag-Streit develops, produces and distributes high-quality products and services for diagnosis and surgery, mainly in the fields of ophthalmology and surgical microscopy. The diagnostics segment includes slit lamps, biometry, perimetry, tonometers, workflow networking software for clinics and opticians and practice equipment. The surgical segment includes microscopes, carrier systems and accessories. The company’s other activities cover applications in the fields of pulmonology and measuring instruments. The company generates sales of approximately CHF 200 million and an EBITDA of some CHF 30 million with around 900 employees.
The parties have agreed not to disclose any financial details. Metall Zug is in a position to finance the purchase price from available liquid funds.
Lincoln International acted as the sole mergers and acquisitions advisor to Metall Zug on this transaction, supporting the acquirer in all aspects of the transaction — including process management, valuation, due diligence and negotiation support.
Meet our Senior Team
I enjoy leading clients and realizing their objectives, while structuring solutions to issues that are both intriguing and challenging.
Managing Director | Head of SwitzerlandZurich
View More Transactions
Lincoln International advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on its sale of BTV Multimedia Group to Netceed, a portfolio company of Cinven and Carlyle
Lincoln International advised Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging, a portfolio company of August Equity, on its refinancing
Lincoln International advised Deutsche Private Equity and private shareholders on its sale of a majority stake in Green Mobility Holding to Rivean Capital
Lincoln International advised Founder, private shareholders, TUI Group and Brockhaus Private Equity on its sale of Peakwork to Vela Software, a subsidiary of Constellation Software
Lincoln International advised Medisolv on receiving a strategic investment from BVP Forge
Lincoln International advised toob in raising £300m of capital to support its network expansion
Lincoln International advised Colmec Group, a Scandinavian distribution platform for truck tire lifecycle management, on its sale to Norvestor
Lincoln International advised Ambienta and other shareholders on the sale of Next Imaging to Azimut Libera Impresa
Any information or testimonials contained in this post may not be representative of the experience of other clients and is no guarantee of future performance or success.