Lincoln International Launches Dallas Office to Grow Ed-Tech Expertise
Tom Burgett joins Lincoln as a Managing Director and Head of the Firm’s Dallas Office
Lincoln International, a leading global, mid-market investment bank, announced today that it has hired Tom Burgett to lead its Education Practice and head the firm’s new office in Dallas, Texas. Mr. Burgett will focus on building and managing key relationships in the education technology and services sectors. Mr. Burgett brings over 15 years of merger and acquisition advisory experience to Lincoln International.
“The education sector has seen strong growth in M&A activity over the past several years, and Lincoln International continues to be one of the leading M&A advisors in the space. Our decision to open a new office in Dallas dedicated to education highlights our commitment to further growing Lincoln’s expertise in the space,” said Chairman of Lincoln International, Jim Lawson. “Also, we are excited to have a local presence in Texas as it is home to many excellent companies, has a business friendly environment and is one of the fastest growing regions in the U.S.”
Co-Head of Lincoln International’s Business Services Group and Co-President North America, Rob Brown, stated, “Tom greatly enhances Lincoln International’s capabilities in education technology and services in North America – an area of rapid growth and strong M&A activity for the firm. With his deep relationships and track record of successful deals in the space, Tom will be a great addition to the Lincoln team. Furthermore, his expertise is a strong complement to our existing Business Services and Technology & Media Groups."
In his 15 years of transaction experience, Mr. Burgett has advised leading private equity firms and privately-held businesses. Through this experience, he adds significant transaction and industry expertise to Lincoln International.
Mr. Burgett’s notable transactions include:
- Recapitalization of Glynlyon by Linsalata Capital Partners
- Recapitalization of MetaMetrics by Pamlico Capital
- Recapitalization of Texas Teachers by Gauge Capital
- Sale of InReach CE, a portfolio company of Teakwood Capital, to Jonas Software
- Sale of Parker School Uniforms, a portfolio company of Blue Sage Capital, to Salem Investment Partners, Argosy Capital and Plexus Capital
- Recapitalization of ExamSoft, a portfolio company of Teakwood Capital, by Spectrum Equity
- Acquisition of EducationCity by Archipelago Learning
- Multiple acquisitions by Edline, a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners
- Recapitalization of Edline by Providence Equity Partners
Prior to re-joining Lincoln International, Mr. Burgett was a Managing Director and led the Education Group at MHT Partners. Prior to joining MHT Partners, Mr. Burgett was an associate with Lincoln International. Early in his career, Mr. Burgett was an analyst with Bear, Stearns & Co. and an associate with a boutique merchant banking firm in Dallas focused on growth stage investments. Mr. Burgett holds a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School and a Bachelor of Business Administration in finance and organizational behavior from Southern Methodist University.