Janki Lalani Gandhi Recognized as Top Executive in the Fashion Industry
Lincoln International is proud to announce Janki Gandhi’s inclusion on Women’s Wear Daily’s (“WWD”) “Top 40 Industry Leaders Under 40” which is comprised of designers and executives recognized as visionaries in the fashion, beauty and retail industries. Janki continues to impress, having been named one of Mergers & Acquisitions’ 2017 Most Influential Women in Middle-Market M&A, and nominated again for this great honor in the 2018 listing. Janki joined Lincoln International in 2016 as a Managing Director in Lincoln’s Consumer Group. Since her arrival, Janki has been essential in leading the Group’s focus in fashion, accessories and beauty.
“We are incredibly fortunate to have Janki at Lincoln and as a member of our Consumer Group. She brings both extensive industry experience and a remarkable passion for the business, which has been truly inspiring. Her expertise in the fashion industry is rivaled only by her drive for success,” mentioned Rob Brown, CEO North American and Managing Director.
Janki has been on a fast-track to promotion throughout her investment banking career and is notably one of the youngest Managing Directors ever hired by Lincoln International. Janki has spent more than a decade advising over 40 consumer companies on mergers and acquisition transactions and finds her work in the mid-market tremendously rewarding, especially because it allows her the opportunity to advise talented entrepreneurs and work with forward-thinking private equity firms.
Janki’s knowledge of the consumer industry runs deep having completed many notable transactions including:
- Sale of Dutch (parent company of Joie, Current/Elliott and Equipment) to TA Associates
- Sale of Paige to TSG Consumer
- Sale of Vince to Kellwood
- Sale of Mo Industries (parent company of Ella Moss and Splendid) to Summit Partners and then to VF Corp.
- Sale of A.L.C. to Interluxe, affiliated fund of Lee Equity
- Sale of Robert Graham to Tengram Capital
- Sale of Parker to Kellwood / Sun Capital
- Sale of Alexis Bittar to TSG Consumer Partners
- Sale of Robert Marc to Luxury Optical Holdings, portfolio company of Goode Partners and Apriori Capital
- Sale of prAna to Liz Claiborne
- Sale of Velvet to Snow Phipps
- Sale of Rebecca Taylor to Kellwood
- Sale of Incase to Swander Pace Capital
- Sale of Robert Rodriguez to Jones Apparel Group
- Sale of Kooba to Swander Pace Capital
Janki holds a Bachelor of Arts in economics with a finance concentration from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. She is particularly passionate about and is involved with several women’s organizations and events as well as educational charities around the world focused on children.